Some time ago, there was an Elgg plugin that let you share Youtube videos and categorize them in your own library. It was very easy to use and everybody loved it. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to share Youtube videos in eElgg 1.9
Sharing Youtube videos has always been problematic in elgg, due to plugins being abandoned or complicated ones that requires an extra framework that could slow down your elgg network. It is important to choose the right tool, to avoid wasting server resources.
1. Download the Videos Plugin for elgg. Install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do this, please read this article.
2. Log into elgg as an Administrator and open the Admin Dashboard.
3. Open the Plugins page and activate it:
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Videos” and set to show Youtube videos in content:
5. And that’s it! You can share youtube videos within your elgg network!
This concludes Youtube for Elgg 1.9