Recently on a new WHMCS installation I found myself IP banned thanks to not having my IP address whitelisted and failing to remember my password after 3 unsuccessful attempts. This article will guide you on how to remove yourself from being IP banned in the core software of your hosting company.
- Login your cPanel control panel
- Open PhpMyAdmin
- Find your WHMCS database in the left sidebar and click it
- Find the table “tblbannedips” and click “Browse“
- Visit your WHMCS installation (client area) and copy the IP in the banned error message (“Your IP xx.xxx.x.x has been banned”)
- Back in PhpMyAdmin search for that IP address, once you find it click the check box to the left of your IP
- Click the “Delete” button
- Click on the “Yes” to confirm you would like to execute the following query which deletes your IP ban from the database
You should now have access to your WHMCS admin area.