One essential feature within WHMCS is the automated emails it sends. These emails range from invoice reminders, ticket notifications, and service suspensions and so on.
Generally, it is a good idea to customize the content within these email templates to make them more personal and resemble your brand better. For example, you might want to add a “Getting Support” section with all the relevant links to your support methods and / or adding links to the commonly viewed knowledge base articles.
Step 1: Creating a new email template
- Login to your WHMCS admin area and navigate to: Setup -> Email Templates
- Find an existing email template associated with a product and click on the Edit icon.
- Copy the content of the email template and go back to Setup -> Email Templates
- Under Create New Email Template click Product/Service and enter a unique name you’ll be able to easily associate this template with
- Paste the content you copied above and make your desired changes
- Enter a name for the email template subject and click on Save Changes
Step 2: Assigning the email template
- Whilst still in your WHMCS admin area navigate to Setup -> Product/Services -> Products/Services
- Find the product you would like to assign your new email template to and click Edit
- Under the Details tab find your new email template and click on Save Changes
All done. This email template will now be used whenever this product is ordered.