Count the views a publication has is important because users like to see if what they share is popular or not. That’s why in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add a views counter in elggOverview
Views counting system is a useful rating system. It lets you see which content is getting popular. Tidypics has a views count system but it is only available for pictures. Views counter will let you know how many views a post has, as well as see who visited the post.
1. Download Views Counter Plugin for elgg
2. Install the plugin. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Log into your elgg network and go to the Administration Dashboard. Then go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the “Views Counter” plugin and activate it:
5. After activating the plugin, go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Views Counter“:
7. And that’s it! The views counter has been activated:
This concludes Views Counter for Elgg