What is Open Document Format?
Open Document Format (ODF) for Office Applications, also known as OpenDocument, is an XML-based file format for spreadsheets, charts, presentations and word processing documents. It was developed with the aim of providing an open, XML-based file format specification for office applications. It is a free format for document editing.
Several organizations that use elgg for communication are switching to ODF-based documents because of its versatility, and because it is free. ODF is so flexible that can be displayed on any web based application, anytime.
1. Download the community plugin WebODF for Elgg. This plugin allows you to view ODF documents uploaded with the files plugin, without downloading them.
2. Install the plugin. If you don’t know how to do that, read our guide on how to install plugins in elgg.
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard, and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“. Find “WebODF Viewer For Elgg 1.8.0201201.4” in the plugin’s list and activate it:
4. The plugin works by uploading an Open Document Format (ODF) file, automatically displays the embedded document for easy viewing.
5. And that’s it! In this way it is displayed ODF documents.
This concludes View ODF documents in Elgg.
This Concludes Comments Notification in elgg 1.9