A rewrite map is a feature that can be used inside the rewrite rules to generate a replacement URL during rewriting. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to set up URL Rewrite Map with IIS Manager 7
Rewrite maps are very useful if you have a several sets of rewrite rules. Instead of making more rewrite rules, you can easily put all the new mappings into the rewrite map as keys and values. In other words, you can take the normal URL and enter the replacement URL.
1. Open IIS Manager 7 as an Administrator:
2. Connect to your site with IIS Manager 7. If you don’t know how to manage your site remotely with IIS Manager, watch our tutorial video.
3. In the site main configuration page, go to menu “IIS -> URL Rewrite“:
4. Now, select “View Rewrite Maps“:
5. Click on “Rewrite Map” and enter the name for the new rewrite map:
6. After setting up the new rewrite map, add a new map entry. Enter the old value and the new value there:
7. And that’s it! A new map entry has been added!
This concludes URL Rewrite Map with IIS Manager