In this article I am going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to properly upgrade Tidypics.Overview
What is TidyPics? As you know, TidyPics is the most advanced and powerful photo gallery plugin for elgg. It has Cool Iris integration as well as the ability to tag people in pictures. It is the most widely used plugin and users love it. After elgg 1.9 was released, a new version of TidyPics was developed to be compatible with the new version. Several elgg administrators are in the process of upgrading their elgg networks, but the lack of a guide for upgrading TidyPics is stopping several of them. That’s why we will show you the upgrade procedure here.
Try out the new version on a test site before doing an upgrade. Also, backup your elgg site before doing any changes.
We assume you already upgraded to elgg 1.9. If not, please read this article on how to upgrade from elgg 1.8 to elgg 1.9
1. Download the new version of TidyPics plugin for elgg 1.9
2. Log into elgg as an Administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” and deactivate TidyPics Plugin:
3. Delete the folder of the older version of Tidypics. It is usually located at “yourElgg RootFolder/mod/tidypics“.
4. Install the TidyPics version compatible with elgg 1.9 in the mod folder of your elgg installation.
5. Open the Administration Dashboard of elgg, and go to menu “Configure > Plugins“. Search for TidyPics and activate the plugin:
And that’s it! TidyPics has been upgraded!
This concludes Upgrading TidyPics