Elgg 1.9 has been officially released! This mean that now you can use it now in our servers! However, what if you still have elgg 1.8 and want to upgrade to the latest version? In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to upgrade from elgg 1.8 to elgg 1.9,
The upgrade process is an easy procedure that you need to follow very carefully in order to have a successful upgrade. In order to keep the integrity of your account and also our servers, it is extremely important that you keep your elgg networks up to date always.
1. First like in all major upgrade is recommended to back up your database, data directory and code. For Full Elgg Backup instructions, read this article.
2. Once you have a Full Backup of your elgg network, download the newest version of elgg here.
Note: Try out the new version on a test site before performing a major upgrade process.
2. You need to be extra careful in this step. Erase or overwrite all the elgg core files of elgg except these files:
- settings.php (Located inside the engine folder of your elgg network)
3. Now go to yoursite.com/upgrade.php (where “yoursite.com” is your elgg network domain) to see your changes:
4. Go to the admin area of your elgg network. You should see a notification that you have pending upgrades. Click the link in the notification bar to view and run the upgrades.
5. That it’s all if you have any error check your .htaccess and settings.php files.
This concludes Upgrading elgg 1.8 to 1.9