In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to allow users to sign into Elgg with a Facebook account.
Facebook gives developers tools that help you create a better bond with visitors. The Facebook Connect is a fantastic tool to keep users in your site, because instead of dealing with several usernames and passwords, users can use their Facebook account to log into any site.
1. Download the Facebook Connect plugin for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin. If you need assistance, please read this article.
3. Log into your elgg network with the Administrator account.
4. Open the Admin Account. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
5. Look for the Facebook Connect Plugin and activate it:
8. Right now, you need to create your App in Facebook with your developer account to get a secret and public API key. Get everything you need here.
7. Now, go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Facebook Connect“:
8. Enter the secret and public key from step 6. Also Set “Allow new users to sign up using their Facebook account even if manual registration is disabled” and “Allow existing users who have connected their Facebook account to sign in with Facebook?” to “YES“:
This concludes Updated Facebook Connect for elgg