SQL Server Profiler is an interface that allows you to create and manage traces. The events are saved in a trace file that can later be analyzed to determine the cause of a problem. In this article I will explain how to start SQL Server Profiler in Management Studio.
SQL Server Management Studio starts each profiler session in its own instance and continues to run if you shutdown SQL Server Management Studio.
Start SQL Server Profiler from the Tools menu
1. Open Management Studio, start by connecting to the server.
2. In the Management Studio, go to menu “Tools -> SQL Server Profiler“:
Start SQL Server Profiler from the Query Editor
1. Click on New Query to open the editor:
2. In Query Editor, right-click and then select Trace Query in SQL Server Profiler:
Start SQL Server Profiler from Activity Monitor
1. In the Object Explorer, right-click an instance of SQL Server, and click Activity Monitor:
2. In the “Processes” tab, right-click on any process you want to trace and Select the “Trace Process in SQL Server Profiler” option:
This concludes Start SQL Server Provider in Management Studio.