The WSYWYG text areas in SocialEngine break a very-well-established user interface convention, within composing messages between users.
1. Click mouse inside text area.
2. Blinking I-beam appears. (User knows that app/site/software/everything is ready to accept typing.)
3. User begins typing.
- Text Input (single line of text) works as expected.
- Text Area (Plain, without any WSYWYG tools at top) works as expected.
- Text Area (WSYWYG) No blinking I-beam appears upon click in Text Area.
Many users are experiencing this error Not seeing the Blinking Censor a lot of the time a user will start typing hoping to get the text in the right position.
If you use any other browser except Google Chrome you will have noticed this problem, for some reason this fault within the WSYWYG does not effect Chrome.
It is my understanding that SocialEngine Technical Teams are currently looking into this fault and hoping to release a fix within their next version.
In the meantime if any of your Members are experiencing this fault advise them to use Google Chrome until it has been fixed by Social Engine.