Setting SMTP in Joomla is quite simple and very useful; the default Joomla installation uses the PHP mail function to send emails though if you prefer, you can easily switch this to use a specific SMTP server. In this article I will explain about SMTP settings in Joomla.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “System -> Global Configuration”:
- Then, click on the Server tab:
- Under the Mail Settings, enter the following details:
- Mailer: SMTP Server
- Mail from: Your email account
- From Name: your name or site name
- SMTP Authentication: select Yes, if you want to send it authenticated, No if you don’t (If unsure check with your SMTP provider)
- SMTP Security: select the type of security.
- SMTP Port: 25 (This may differ depending on where you have your SMTP account)
- SMTP Username: Your email address
- SMTP Password: Your email password
- SMTP Host: Your SMTP hostname. If you don’t know it, have a look at our handy list of the major SMTP host settings
And that’s it! You have configured SMTP Settings for Joomla.
This concludes SMTP Settings for Joomla.