Elgg comes with a set of widgets that users can display on their profiles and dashboards. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to set default widgets in elggOverview
What are Widgets? Widgets are small content areas in elgg that users can drag & drop around their profile page or dashboard to personalize it according to their taste. Widgets also lets users show specific content. By default, when a user creates an account on any elgg site, it doesn’t set any widgets on the profile, so you might end up with an elgg network with empty profiles, which could give the impression that your network is dead. To avoid this situation, I strongly recommend you to set default widgets for new users. One of the best features of elgg widgets is that not only you can show content, you can also choose who see that content, so you don’t have to worry about privacy issues.
1. Sign into elgg with your Administrator Account
2. Open the Admin Dashboard. Then go to menu “Configure -> Appearance -> Default Widgets“:
3. Let’s start by setting default widgets for profiles. Click on the “Add Widgets” button:
4. A menu with all the widgets available on the site will be displayed. To select which one you want as default, you only need to click on the ones you want. You can rearrange the layout in which widgets are displayed:
5. And that’s it! You can arrange the widgets in any way you want!
This Concludes Set Default Widgets in Elgg