Search Engine Optimization is crucial these days. Using friendly titles on websites help users find you easily. If you use strange characters, your SEO will be affected and you will lose page ranking. That’s why in this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to add SEO friendly titles in Elgg.Overview
Proper title tags are critical to your website SEO strategy. Title tags tell search engines what your page is about and help you to drive organic traffic. Also friendly titles help you to get more CTR from search engines and Blog feeds.
- Download the community plugin SEO Titles for elgg. Please make sure you get the right version.
2. Upload and install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you cannot do that, please read this article.
3. Sign into your elgg network with the Administrator account. Open the Admin Dashboard, and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Search for the ” SEO Friendly Titles 2.2″ plugin and activate it:
5. Finally, run upgrade.php script. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
6. And that’s it! Your elgg network has SEO friendly titles, that will improve the ranking on search engines!
This concludes SEO Friendly Titles for Elgg