Elgg is a social networking engine, but it can be used as a collaborative network as well. One of the things that is needed, is a way to schedule meetings or discuss about meeting times with other registered users. In this article I will show you a step by step guide on how to schedule meetings in Elgg.
Collaborative networks powered by Elgg must have a way to allow users to schedule meetings, so that they can manage projects and delegate responsibilities to users. Besides that, any Elgg network can benefit from a scheduling tool, since users can organize social meetings for their hobbies or interests and talk with other users about them.
1. Download the “Scheduling” plugin for elgg
2. Install the plugin. If you need assistance installing the plugin, please read this article.
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator and open the Administration Dashboard to enable the meetings feature. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the “Scheduling 1.9.0” plugin and activate it:
5. Once activated, this tool will give you the ability to schedule meetings and events. Let’s schedule a meeting.
6. Exit the Administration Dashboard and go back to the Activity page of your elgg network. Go to header menu “More -> Scheduling” to access this tool:
7. Click on “Add a new poll” to add create a meeting or event:
8. Enter the title and the description of the event, and click on “Save” to create/publish the event:
9. After saving your meeting/event, you have to set a time and date of the meeting. Select the date with the integrated calendar and set the time in the “slot 0”:
10. And that’s it! You just scheduled a meeting!
This concludes Scheduling Meetings in elgg