This plugin allows you to filter new users into the Joomla user groups based on their email domain. For example, this is useful when you need to register only the employees of your company email domain and prevent access to spammers. In this article I will explain how to establish a registration group filter in Joomla.
- Download the Registration Group Filter plugin.
- Easy to use.
- Adds multiple domains.
- Make the filter according to user groups.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”:
- Select the “Upload” tab and install the Registration Group Filter plugin:
- To enable Registration Group Filter, go to menu “Extensions -> Plugin Manager”. Click on the enable button to activate the plugin:
- To configure the plugin, click on the plugin name after you have activated it. You should now see the plugins configuration options. Here you can set different email domains and user groups. To save changes click Save:
- And that’s it! When a user wanted to register with a disallowed domain, a warning message is displayed. This is a way to prevent spammers.
This concludes Registration Group Filter in Joomla.