Joomla is one of the most secure open source software available. You can build secure websites within minutes with it. However, we always recommend to add extra layers of security, to keep the integrity of your Joomla website and our servers. In this article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to protect Joomla from hacking attacks.
- First, download the jHackGuard extension for Joomla. Please make sure you get the one for your version of Joomla. Extension available for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.
- Sign into Joomla. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”:
- Upload and Install JhackGuard extension:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Plug-in Manager” and Enable JHackGuard:
- And that’s it! Your Joomla network will be protected against SQL injections, File inclusions, XSS attacks and remote code executions. This extension is so simple yet so powerful that you don’t need to change any settings.
This concludes Protect Joomla from attacks.