The Profile plugin lets users show their information to others users. However, what if you want to set all profiles as private? In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to make private profiles in Elgg.
1. Download Private Profiles Plugin for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin.
If you don’t know how to install a plugin, please read this article.
3. Log into your elgg network with the Administrator account. Open the Admin Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. In order to use this plugin we need to enable it. In the plugins’ page, look for the “Private Profile” plugin and activate it. After activation, click on the “Settings” link to set up the plugin:
5. In the settings page, you have several options, such as:
- Show profile to logged-in members of the site
- Show profile to friends
- Show profile to the member (and admins) only
- Private Message Restrictions
- User custom privacy
Change the settings according to your needs and click on “Save” to apply the changes site-wide:
6. And that’s it! Profile Privacy is now being enforced site-wide!
This concludes Profile Privacy in Elgg