Private Profiles allows you to restrict access to profile pages. In this article, I will explain how to set private profiles in Elgg 1.8
Some Elgg networks managers expressed that they like to have a very restricted environment for users, and keep socialization in a very low level. Private profiles adds the ability to restrict access to another user profile, and preserves the privacy of each user.
1. Download Private Profiles for Elgg 1.8
2. Upload and install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do it, read this article.
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Go to the Administration Dashboard, and then go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” to activate the plugin uploaded:
4. To configure the properties, click on “Settings -> Private Profiles“:
5. In this form you can set the privacy of profiles. Click Save to saves changes:
6. Normal users can configure the privacy of their profiles on “Settings -> Configure your tools“:
7. And that’s it! You have configured private profiles!!
This concludes Private Profiles in Elgg.