Privacy is a must-have feature for social networks. Whether is a private work network or a school network, you have to offer your users a way to hide some activity from other users. That’s why in this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to enable privacy for the river activity in elgg
Users should be able to set who can see the data published by them via the Internet. As an elgg network owner, you must provide the ability to control privacy and access control to the content posted within your site.
1. Download the “River Privacy” plugin for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin. If you don’t know how to do this, please read this article.
3. Go to your elgg network. With your Administrator account, open the Admin Dashboard, and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Activate the “River Privacy” plugin:
5. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> River Privacy” and change its default configuration. Set “Hide old river entries” to “Yes” and save the changes:
6. And that’s it! River entries are now private!
This concludes Privacy for River Activity in Elgg