In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to populate full-text indexes with SQL Server Management Studio
Creating and maintaining a full-text index involves populating the index by using a process called a population. On a full population, indexes entries are built for all the rows of a table. A full population will clear all data stored in a full-text catalog and it will repopulate it with data related to its corresponding table.
1. Connect to your SQL database with SQL Server Management Studio. If you don’t know how to do this, please watch this tutorial video.
2. Once connected, locate your app database in the Object Explorer. Expand the database, and find the table that you need to populate.
3. Right click on the database to open the table options menu. Then go to “Full Text-Index -> Start Full Population“:
4. Depending of the size of the database, it will take some time to populate the database again:
5. And that’s it! Database has been populated!
This concludes Populate Indexes with SQL Server Management Studio