Picture sharing is a key feature of any social networking site. Out of the box, Elgg provides a simple picture and file sharing plugin, with the downside that you can only upload a file or picture at a time. However, there is a plugin for Elgg that lets users share pictures in a very intuitive way. In this article, I will demonstrate how to enable a photo gallery feature in Elgg 1.12Overview
TidyPics is the best picture sharing tool for elgg. With it you can create galleries, share pictures with friends, view your popular pictures and more. A picture sharing feature allows websites to keep a steady user growth.
1. Download Tidypics for elgg
2. Upload & Install the plugin in the Mod folder of your elgg installation
3. Log into your elgg site as an Administrator. Open the Admin Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the plugin and activate it:
5. Optionally you can change of the plugin settings. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Tidypics” where you can enable photo tagging, display view counter or display EXIF data:
6. And that’s it! Picture sharing capabilities have been enabled in your elgg site!
This Concludes Photo Gallery for elgg