Elgg provides a bookmark feature that allows you to save links to websites, and you can share the bookmarks or save them for later. This feature does not provide a way to organize such bookmarks. In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to organize bookmarks in Elgg.
1. Get the community plugin Bookmarks Tool for elgg 1.8
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg network. Then sign into your elgg site with the Administrator account and go to the Administration Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”:
4. Activate the plugin. Make sure ‘Bookmarks Tool 1.1‘ is below the core ‘Bookmarks‘ plugin, otherwise you won’t be able to use it:
5. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings”:
6. Change ‘Use Folder Structure’ to ‘Yes’ and click on ‘Save’:
7. Now, when you add a new bookmark in elgg, you can select the folder where you want to save it:
8. In addition, you can create a new bookmark folder:
This concludes Organize Bookmarks in elgg