The groups feature allows users to have a private organized space where they can discuss any topic they want. There might come a time where you want to properly set up the group before going public. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to set group visibility in Elgg 1.9
When you create a group, anyone can see it. It seems good but sometimes you are still making changes, adding files or changing the description. Having the ability to “publish” a group until is ready is really helpful, since you can do all the arrangements before you let people join the group. This tutorial will cover that.
2. Log into your Elgg Network as an Administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” and enable the Group Publish plugin:
4. Go back to your site. Go to menu “Main Navigation -> Groups” and let’s create a group:
5. After you create the group, you will see a small notice, letting you know that the group has not been published yet, and giving you options to publish it or keep editing:
6. And that’s it! We changed the new groups visibility!
This Concludes New Groups Visibility in elgg 1.9