There are a lot of really great newsletter services out there, such as Constant Contact, iContact, and Vertical Response. However, if you’re wanting a solution that’s already integrated into your current workflow, you might find mojoPortal’s built-in Newsletter feature worth a try.
In today’s article, let’s go through the steps to create a newsletter instance, and make it visible to your users to subscribe to.
1) Log into your mojoPortal instance as an administrator
2) Click “Administration” on the grey admin bar at the bottom of your screen
3) Click the “Newsletter Administration” link
4) Click “Add New Newsletter”
5) Set the title, and e-mail “from” and “reply-to” address – if you haven’t already set up an e-mail address specifically for your newsletter, it’s not a bad idea to do so.
6) Click on the “Description” tab, and type in a brief description of what you intend for your newsletter to be about.
7) Click the “Save” button – this will create your new newsletter instance.
Now, let’s make the newsletter subscription visible to your site users, so that they can sign up for your newsletter.
1) Navigate to a page in your mojoPortal installation – the home page is a great place to start.
2) On the admin bar at the bottom of the page, click “Edit this Page”
3) Under the “Feature” dropdown, select “Newsletter Sign-Up Form”, and add it to your page in an appropriate pane.
4) View the page, and you’ll see the subscription form on your page; you can control whether or not you want the name of the newsletter, and the description to be displayed, or just a simple form.
Next time, we’ll go through the process of actually creating a newsletter, and sending it out to your subscribers.