In this article I will explain how to access and how to configure the Media Manager Options in Joomla. The Media Manager Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for Media Manager and more options.
- Legal Extensions (File Types): File types users are allowed to upload, separated by a comma. Example: jpg,png,pdf.
- Maximum Size (in MB): Maximum file size in MB allowed for uploading.
- Path to files folder: Path to file folder relative to the root of Joomla installation.
- Path to images folder: Path to images folder relative to the root of Joomla installation.
- Restrict Uploads: Restrict uploads to just images for Users with less than a Manager Permission if Fileinfo or MIME Magic isn’t installed on server.
- Check MIME Types: Use MIME Magic or Fileinfo to verify file types.
- Legal Image Extensions (File Types): Image file types allowed for uploading, comma separated. Used to check for valid image headers.
- Ignored Extensions (File types): Ignored file types for MIME checking, comma separated.
- Legal MIME Types: Legal MIME types for MIME checking, comma separated.
- Illegal MIME Types: Comma separated list of not allowed MIME Types.
This concludes Media Manager Options in Joomla.