Elgg is a social networking framework that can be use for anything. You can either build a private work network or a place to sell products. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to turn your elgg site into a full marketplaceOverview
In this tutorial I will help you set up elgg as a marketplace. Elgg already has the social components that a ecommerce site needs, but it was lacking the listing products part. Fortunately, there’s a plugin that will turn elgg into a powerful store.
1. First of all, let’s download the Market Plugin for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin.
3. Go to your elgg site. Use the Administrator Account to log into your site. Open the Admin Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. In the plugins page, search for the Market 1.9.3 and activate it:
6. In the settings page, you can set:
- Amount of products
- Private Message
- Display Time
7. To set the categories, just enter one by one, separated by commas:
And that’s it! A marketplace has been enabled!
This concludes Marketplace for elgg