By default when a user logs in, Elgg redirects to the activity page. But what if you want to redirect the user to some other page, like the profile edit? In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to redirect users on login in Elgg 1.8Getting Started
1. Download and install the community plugin LoginRedirector 3.0
2. Log into your elgg network as an administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
3. Activate the plugin and then go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Login Redirector” to customize it:
4. In the Login Redirector Plugin Settings page you can set the first login redirect as well as the general login redirect. In this case I will set first login redirect to user’s profile and general login redirect to the activity page:
5. After you’re done, click on save to set your changes. And that’s it! You applied login redirect for all of your users!
Note: You can redirect to any other page, or to a plugin page instead. The “use custom redirect” allows you to add a custom link. Do not use other plugins that promise a login redirect. The plugin installed in this tutorial is the most stable and powerful one.
This concludes Login Redirect in elgg