On a previous article we showed you how to make your Joomla website available on multiple languages by detecting the language of the visitor’s web browser. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to place a language switcher to allow visitors to change the language of the site manually.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator.
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Plugin Manager” and enable “System – Language Filter”:
- In the “Language Filter” settings page, set “Automatic Language Change” to “No” and save your changes:
- Now, go to menu “Extensions -> Module Manager”. Click on New button to create new module. Select module: Language Switcher:
- Set the position of the switcher. Select the one that fits your needs:
- And that’s it Language Switcher!
This concludes Language switcher in Joomla.