JCE Editor is a WYSIWYG editor that offers many options making it a more feature rich editor compared to Joomla’s deafult. JCE Editor is an award-winning, configurable WYSIWYG editor for Joomla based on Moxiecode’s TinyMCE. In this article I will show how to install JCE Editor for Joomla.
- Download JCE Editor plugin.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”:
- Select the “Upload” tab and install JCE Editor plugin:
- After installation, this plugin is automatically activated. You can edit the settings in “Components -> JCE Editor”:
- Then, change the default editor for JCE Editor, click “System -> Global Settings” and set JCE Editor as your default editor:
- And that’s it! You now have the jce editor as the default editor, offering better functionality for creating and editing articles in Joomla:
This concludes JCE Editor for Joomla.