This article is about how to manually install Joomla in Linux hosting. If you want to manually install this article will serve to you.
- Download the Joomla package, here
- Upload the package it in your file manager, and extract.
- Before starting the installation, you first have to create the database and the user. If you don’t know how, read this.
- After choosing the language, now begins the process, after the Pre-Installation check, click Next:
- After reading the license of Joomla, click Next:
- To configure the database, complete the fields with the information from the database and the user you created previously:
- This step “FTP Configuration” is optional, click Next:
- This is the last step of setup, you must enter the site name and data administrator. If you like you can install sample content:
- That’s it, simply delete the installation folder.
- And now, working with Joomla!
For more information about installing Joomla on Arvixe:
- How to Install Joomla 3.0 From Your cPanel Using Softaculous
- How to Install Joomla From Your WebsitePanel Using Microsoft Web App Gallery
- How to Install Joomla From Your cPanel Using Softaculous
- How to Install Joomla From Your cPanel
Documentation of joomla.org: http://docs.joomla.org/Installing_Joomla!