In this article, I will show you how to automatically install Ghost through Softaculous. This method applies to our PersonalClass, BusinesClass, ResellerClass and any VPS, Dedicated or Cloud server which is licensed to use Softaculous.
- Login to your cPanel control panel (If you’re creating a new shared account please see this article for an easier and quicker way of installing Ghost).
- Locate the Softaculous icon under the Software/Services category and click it
- Expand the Blogs menu to the left and click Ghost
- Click on the blue install button located in the top right corner and fill in the form:
Choose Protocol: Choose your preferred protocol be it HTTPS or HTTP (If you have an SSL certificate then select HTTPS)
Choose Domain: This will show all of your primary and addon domains associated with your cPanel account. Choose which you’d like to install Ghost to
In Directory: Select a path where you would like Ghost installed. In this demo, I’ll be using ‘ghostinstall’
Database Name: Type in a database name you will be able to easily reference to your Ghost install
Advanced Options: Expand this option if you would like to configure backups and it’s frequency
- Once you have completed the form, click Install and wait for it to complete
- Ghost should now be installed and give you several links. One will include your Administrative URL, click this to configure your admin account
That’s it! You should now be able to login to your Ghost blog using the admin account created in step 6.
Looking for quality Ghost Hosting? Check out Arvixe.com!