Elgg provides a tool that allows users to share documents within your network. It is a very simple feature, no multi-upload, not even a progress bar. In this article, I will show you how to integrate a cross-browser support for drag & drop file uploads in Elgg.
1. Download the community plugin Dropzone for Elgg 1.8.
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg network. Then sign into your elgg site with the Administrator account and go to the Administration Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”:
4. Activate the “Dropzone” plugin:
5. Clear the elgg cache. If you don’t know how to do this, read this article.
6. After clearing the cache, run the upgrade.php script.
7. Finally, the upload feature will have cross-browser drag and drop capabilities. You can even drag more than one file at the same time!
If you face issues with this tool, feel free to ask here for support.
This concludes Improving File upload in Elgg.
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting!