J2XML is an easy to use import/export solution for your Joomla. It allows you to export content in the XML format. In this article I will explain how to use J2XML to import and/or export content within Joomla.
Download J2XML for Joomla from the Joomla extension directory.
- It allows you to export aticles and users to an xml file.
- Import articles and users from an xml file (generated by J2XML)
- Send articles and user to another Joomla! 2.5+ site.
- CLI (command line interface)
- Export/import weblinks
- Export/import viewing access
- Export/import tags
- Export/import contacts
- 3rd party plugins support
- Import data from URL
Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Manage”. Select the “Upload” tab and install the J2XML for Joomla.
After installation, you can access from the menu Components -> J2XML:
From here you will have access to the control panel, creating an XML file to export content and allows you to import content from an XML file:
This concludes Import/export content in Joomla.