This article will give you a step by step guide on how to setup cPanel’s web disk on your computer.
Note: cPanel cannot run Web Disk on Windows 7. You will need a third party webdav software like WebDrive, BitKinex or NetDrive if you are running Windows 7.
Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Go to Files and click Web Disk
2) Create a new user by entering a name into the Login
3) Enter a password into New Password and then again into Password (Again)
4) A directory should automatically be entered once you enter in your password. However, if you would like to change it, enter your desired directory into Directory. The user will have access to that directory and anything below it.
5) Click Create
6) You will then get confirmation that your user has access to the web disk. Click Go Back
7) Go to Web Disk Account Management and click Access Web Disk on the account you just created
Note: If you are using Windows 2003; Windows Vista or Windows XP, move on to step 8. If you are using any other operating system, skip to step 15
8 ) If you are using Windows 2003; Windows Vista or Windows XP, you will need to install the Software Update for Web Folders. Click HERE to go to Microsoft Download Center for the update.
9) Click Download
10) Once the download is complete, find the file and double click to open it.
11) Check the box that says Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms
12) Click Continue
13) Click Yes
14) You will then get a confirmation that the installation is complete. At this point, you may or may not have to reboot your computer.
15) Choose your operating system and version. For this example, we will be using Windows Vista
16) Save the file
(Example is with Windows Vista using Google Chrome)
17) Find the file at its saved location and double click on it
18 ) Click Open
19) Enter your user name and password. Make sure to use “email@example.com” and not just the user name
20) Click OK
21) You will then be connected to your web disk account
Note: If you are still not able to connect to your web disk account, move on to step 22 for manual connection
22) Click Start, then Computer
23) Click Map network drive
24) Click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures
25) Click Next
26) Click Choose a custom network location and then Next
27) Enter the following into the Internet or network address box:
(make sure to enter in your own domain name)
28 ) Click Next
29) Enter your user name and password
30) Click OK
31) Click Next (you may edit the name of your network location if you like)
32) Click Finish
33) You will then be connected to your web disk account
34) A shortcut to your web disk will also now be available on your Computer
This concludes how to setup cPanel’s web disk on your computer.
For more cPanel tutorials like this, visit Arvixe Web Hosting!