In this article I will explain you how to replace the default site title for an image. Due to recent changes in the structure of Elgg 1.8, previous guides that show how to replace the title with an image won’t work anymore. Sign into your cPanel as an admin and follow theses steps:
1. First, we choose an image file, it can be a jpg, png or gif. For this purpose of this guide I will be using a png image file called image_logo.png
2. After choosing an image, copy it to YourElggFolder/_graphics
3. Then, go to YourElggFolder/views/default/page/elements . Once you are inside that folder, open the file called header_logo.php and look for this line of code:
4. Now, replace that line with this one:
<a href=”<?php echo $site_url; ?>”><imgsrc=”<?php echo $site_url; ?>_graphics/image_logo.png”/></a>
5. Save your changes. After that, run upgrade.php (www.yourelggdomain.com/upgrade.php). Login to your elgg site and you should be able to see your custom logo now:
This now concludes How to Replace the Default Elgg 1.8 Title With an Image.