JEvents is an extension that lets you manage any event created by you or anyone within Joomla. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to create events with JEvents in Joomla.
1. Download JEvents Extension here
2. Log into your Joomla website as an admin. Go to Extension Manager and upload JEvents:
3. After successfully installing the extension, go to Module Manager and enable JEvents:
4. After enabling JEvents, go to Menu ‘Components -> JEvents’ to start using the extension.
Note: Sometimes it will require you to do extra configuring, however you just need to hit ‘Save and close’
5. To create an event, click on ‘Manage Events’:
6. Now, click on ‘new’ to go to the create event form.
7. The create event form has 2 tabs: Common and Calendar. The Common tab is where you add the title, creator, privacy access and location of the event. The Calendar tab lets you choose the date of the event:
8. After you’re done setting up the event, click on ‘Save and Close’:
9. After saving the event, select it and click on Publish to show your event on your site:
10. And that’s it! The event will appear on your site!
This concludes how to create events with JEvents in Joomla.