In this article I will give a step by step guide on how to create events in elgg 1.8 if we want to provide richer web environment to our site, this can improve the flow of users on the site.
1. First download the plugin Event Manager for elgg 1.8 here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload and install the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After installing the plugin, sign into your Elgg site as an Administrator. In the top bar, click on the Administration link:
5. Now, go to Menu “Configure > Plugins”:
6. Search for event manager 2.3, and activate it:
7. Now let’s configure it. Go to “Menu Configure > Settings > Event Manager”
8. If you want to use Google Maps in the Events Plugin, type the google api key and enter a default location google maps needs to center on. Also, you can set who can create events and allow group events as well. Once you are done, save your changes by clicking on ‘save’:
10. And that is all, now you can go to the Events tab in your site and create an event by filling out the ‘create event’ fields:
This concludes How to Create events in Elgg 1.8