For Linux users wondering how to establish a SSH connection to their server, this article will show you!
Difficulty level: Medium (Easy if you have basic Linux terminal knowledge)
1. Open up a terminal or konsole (name depends on your distro).
2. Make sure OpenSSH is installed on your computer by typing this:
apt-get install ssh OR yum install ssh
You may need root password.
3. Let’s say you want to connect with user richi to server 127.0.0.1, the command would be:
4. It will ask you to type yes or no to add RSA key fingerprint. Type ‘yes‘.
5. It will now ask for your password, type it and press enter. (When typing password, nothing will appear, but it will be actually typed)
If password is not correct, it will ask you to type it again. If login succeeds, you will be connected to the remote computer.
That is it! That is how you connect via SSH with a Linux Terminal; have fun with it! Any questions, problems, etc, do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than glad to help you!
Owner of www.Juapo2Services.com