In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to add useful links on the activity page in Elgg 1.8. Many Arvixe Elgg users contacted me if there was an easy way to change the activity page to add some useful links like on previous versions. Now it is possible with a plugin called Social Dashboard. To install the plugin, follow these steps:
1. First, we are going to download Social Dashboard for Elgg 1.8.
2. After download, install the plugin in your Elgg site. For plugin installation instructions please read this article that explains how to do it.
3. Now, login on your Elgg network as an Admin. Go to the Admin Dashboard. To go there; click on the Administration link on the topbar:
4. On the Admin Dashboard, go to the plugins section:
5. Look for the plugin and activate it:
6. Now, run upgrade.php to see the changes. And that’s it, now you have changed the look of the Activity page
If you experience problems with this tool, ask here for support. This now concludes How to add useful links on Activity page in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.