The “Friends” feature allows users to connect with each other and share content in a privately manner. However, there are Elgg networks that don’t need this feature. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to hide the “friends” feature in Elgg
1. “No Friends” plugin is a tool that allows an elgg Administrator to remove the friends feature. It can be downloaded from here. It is available for elgg 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11
2. Unzip and upload the plugin to the mod folder of your elgg network. If you need assistance with this, read this article.
3. Sign into your elgg network as an Administrator. Open the Admin Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Look for the “No Friends” plugin and enable it:
5. Go to your activity page, and you will no longer see the “Add Friend” option in the profile drop down menu:
6. And that’s it! The “Friends” feature will be removed site-wide.
This concludes Hide “Friends” feature in elgg