In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to add a managed handler mapping in your WebsitePanel account.
What are handlers? Handlers are the ones that process requests made to sites and applications. Handlers map to resources on the Web server and generate responses for requests.
IIS determines which controller to use based on the ordered list of handler mappings configuration when a user requests any file from the server.
1. Connect to your site with IIS Manager 7. If you don’t know how to do that, please watch this tutorial video.
2. In the site main configuration page, go to menu “IIS -> Handler Mappings“:
3. In the Handlers page, go to menu “Actions -> Add Managed Handler” to add a new managed handler:
4. Fill in the fields with the appropriate information:
a. Request path box: enter a file name extension or a file name with extension.
b. Type box: enter the managed type for the handler. Example: System.Web.Handlers.
c. Name box, describe something about the handler mapping.
d. Optionally, Request Restrictions and configure restrictions if you want the handler to process requests only for specific resource types or verbs.
5. Click OK to save your changes.
6. And that’s it! You have added a managed handler.
This concludes Handler Mappings with IIS Manager in WebsitePanel.