The friends system in Elgg lacks a way to confirm or deny friends. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to enable friends requests in Elgg.
You can add friends in elgg! However there is no way to reject or accept friends request, which feels like a privacy hole. Friends Requests were designed to give consent to any given person access to your information and your life. Without it, anyone can see what you do or where you go. The Friends Request tool helps fill that privacy void by letting you decide who you want to be friends of.
1. Download the “Friend Request” plugin for elgg.
2. Upload and install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg network. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Sign into elgg with the Administrator account to get full access to the Admin Dashboard Management Area.
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
5. Look for the “Friend Request” plugin and enable it:
6. Now, go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Friend request” to configure the plugin:
7. Set “Create river entries when a friend request is accepted” to “YES” and save your changes:
8. And that’s it! Friends Requests have been enabled site-wide!!
This concludes Friends Requests for elgg