Chat rooms allow users to interact with other users. Chat Applications are becoming more and more popular since it makes websites interactive. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to integrate freichat in Joomla.
- Download the Free version of Freichat
- Freichat is a powerful web-based chat solution that makes social interaction fun. It is easy to use and it helps websites bring more visitors.
- Go to your cPanel, open the web File Manager and go to your Joomla site folder:
- Upload Freichat to the main folder of your Joomla site and extract it there:
- Note: After extracting Freichat, please make sure that Freichat folder and files have the right permissions: 0755 (Freichat folder only).
- Now, you need to run the Freichat installer. In your web browser, put the URL of your joomla site plus this: “freichat/installation/index.php”.
- The installer will show a license agreement screen that you must read. Click “Accept” to continue (If you accept the license agreement):
- Choose integration type (Joomla):
- Freichat will check if your Joomla site meets the minimum requirements. If it does, click on “Proceed” to continue with the integration process:
- Set the password for the Freichat Administration Dashboard:
- Now, there are two ways to fully activate Freichat:
- Access Joomla’s Administration Dashboard. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”. Install the Freichat Module:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Module Manager” and enable the freichat module:
- And that’s it! Freichat has been properly integrated with Joomla!
This concludes Freichat Integration for Joomla.