One good reason for filtering emails is to stop spammers from creating an account on your elgg site. There are several known email domains that spammers heavily use. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to filter email domains in elgg
1. Email domains plugin for elgg 1.8 is going to help us to enforce the filtering. You can download it here
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Once you unzip and install the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator.
4. Go to the Administration Dashboard, and on the sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
4. Search for the plugin Emaildomains 1.8.0 and activate it:
5. To define email domains you want to allow or deny access to your site. The settings page is in Administer -> Users -> Emaildomains:
6. In the configuration page you can add the domains that you want to allow or block from registering:
7. Save your changes and that’s it! The filtering is now active.
This concludes Filter Email domains in elgg