eXtplorer is an extension that lets you manage files from the Joomla control panel. In this article, I will explain how to use eXtplorer for file management in Joomla.
Download eXtplorar for Joomla from the Joomla extension directory.
- Browsing Directories & Files,
- Editing, Copying, Moving and Deleting files,
- Searching, Uploading and Downloading files,
- Creating new Files and Directories,
- Creating and Extracting Archives with Files and Directories,
- Changing file permissions (chmod)
Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Manage”. Select the “Upload” tab and install the eXTplorer for Joomla:
After installation, eXtplorer will be available for use. You can access from the top menu Components -> eXtplorer:
Then you have access to the files on your server, you can edit, save files, copy, move and more. You will have a complete file management from the control panel of your Joomla website:
And that’s it! This tool allows us a way to manage files on our website Joomla.
This concludes File Management for Joomla.