One of the things that users dislike is a slow site. Imagine a site that every time you post a comment has to reload the entire page and takes forever to load. It will drive users away very quickly. In this article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to enable fast comments in elggOverview
Benefits of Using Ajax
AJAX provides several benefits, such as:
- Reduce traffic between client and server
- Response time increases
- Better site performance and speed
- Better user interactivity
- Reduce server load
- Improves the flow of communication of the elgg comments system
- Minimal transfer of data
1. Download galliComments for elgg.
Note: Select the release compatible with your elgg site.
2. Upload & Install the plugin. If you do not know how to do this, please read this article.
3. Log into your site with the Administrator account, and open the Admin Dashboard.
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
5. Find the “galliComments 10.1” plugin and activate it:
6. After activating the plugin, anyone will be able to post a comment or several comments without reloading the entire page. This will improve the loading speed and reduce the server load of elgg networks with intensive user interaction.
This Concludes Fast Comments for elgg