In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to display real-time statistics of your Elgg network
Statistics let a webmaster know what people like and how many people visit an specific page. One of the most useful tools is real-time statistics monitoring, because it lets you see which pages any user visits at any given time. With this data, you can target a very specific demographic, thus increasing the amount of visitors on your elgg network.
1. In order to get this functionality, we are going to use a plugin called Advanced Statistics for elgg.
2. Download and install it on your elgg network. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. With your Administration account, open the admin Dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”:
4. Activate “Advanced Statistics”:
5. The Administer menu on the Administration Dashboard will now have an “Advanced Statistics” item, with sub-menus which have detailed web statistics:
The “User” Statistics will let you see how many accounts were created in a given period of time, account status, account activity, etc:
The overall activity will let you see which days you get the most activity, thus letting you know when is the perfect day to announce new features or promotions. Thanks to this plugin, you can really see real-time website usage.
This concludes Enhanced Website Statistics in Elgg