In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to install the Enhanced News plugin for ElggOverview
There are some “site announcements” plugins that display a banner or a message on the site. Those are very good but look informal and there’s no way to access previous site announcements or news. It becomes imperative to have an enhanced news plugin to keep users informed of any change done to the site.
1. Download News Plugin for elgg
2. Install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg network. If you have doubts on how to install the plugin, please read this article.
3. Sign into your elgg network with your Administration account to get access to the Admin Dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“. Search for “News Plugin” and activate it:
4. After activating the plugin, go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> News Plugin”:
- Groups News
Allow group owners to have a news section for the group.
- Display author’s profile icon and username
Let users see who published news
- News staff
Add or remove users that can publish news
Change the settings according to your needs and save the changes.
6. Go back to the activity page of your elgg network. In the site menu, you will see the link to the “News” page, where you can see or create news:
7. And that’s it! You now have enhanced news for your elgg network!
This concludes Enhanced News for elgg