Do you want to embed Youtube videos or Soundcloud songs into your Elgg site? In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to integrate Embedly Cards into Elgg
Embedly is a set of web 2.0 tools that help website developers create better user experiences by creating nice previews of any page, image, video, or rich media content. Elgg doesn’t have a way to create URL previews out of the box, so instead you have to use a custom tool to have this feature.
1. Download the Embedly Cards plugin for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin. If you don’t know how to install a plugin, please read this article.
3. Sign into your elgg network as an administrator. Open the Admin Dashboard, and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Look for the “Embedly Cards” plugin and activate it:
5. Before using the URL embedding feature, you have to configure the Embedly plugin. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Embedly Cards“:
6. Set Embedly to create previews for “The Wire”, “Blog”, “Bookmarks”, and “Comments”:
7. And that’s it! URL preview has been enabled thanks to “Embedly Cards Plugin“:
This concludes Embedly Cards for elgg